Draft minutes will be published within 7 working days after a meeting. Approved minutes will be published within 3 working days of the next meeting.
Planning and Development Committee Minutes
- Minutes of the Meeting of the Planning and Development Committee held on the 2nd October 2017
- in the Council Chamber, Kesgrave Town Council
- K Archer
- A Athwall (Apologies)
- Beecroft-Smith (Chairman of the Council) G Derrick (Apologies)
- G Hamilton P Mills
- R Patten (Apologies)
- I Wallace (No Apologies given and Not Present)
- Mrs S Clements – Town Clerk
- Two Members of the Public
- Welcome and Apologies for Absence – The Chairman welcomed those present to the Meeting. Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Athwall, Derrick and Patten. Councillor Wallace was not present and did not send an apology for absence.
- Declaration of Interests – There were no declarations of interest made.
- Minutes of the Last Meeting held on the 18th September 2017 – These Minutes were received, considered and approved by the Committee, following the vote. (Copy in Minute Book).
- Clerks Report/Update/Matters Arising –
- Minute Number 4 – 79 Dobbs Lane – Breach of Planning Consent – (DC/17/29/29/FUL in relation to Enforcement – ENF/2016/0381/DEV for the original application under reference DC/16/3410/FUL) – The Committee noted that the neighbouring objector has met on site with the LPA.
- Minute Number 9 – Application Proposal – DC/17/2437/FUL – 67 Holly Road – Erection of single storey front, side and rear extension (including reconstruction of roof to attic accommodation) – amended and reduced scheme that refused Planning Permission DC/17/1143/FUL The Committee noted that this application was considered by the LPA’s Planning Committee on the 21st September 2017 and that the LPA refused the proposal.
- Minute Number 9 – Application Proposal – DC/17/3524/FUL – 8 The Woolnoughs – Side extensions to bungalow with associated elevational alterations – The Committee noted that this application has been triggered by a neighbouring objection to possible consideration by the LPA’s Planning
Committee. The Town Council recommended approval of this proposal at its Meeting on the 4th September 2017. The Town Council did however, note that the proposed extensions and associated alternations were large, but that the property is “tucked away” in this residential area.
- Minute Number 9 – Application Proposal – DC/17/2224/OUT – 165 Main Road – Outline Application – Use of land for the erection of two dwellings with associated garaging/parking (existing single-storey annex to be demolished). Construction of access drive The Committed noted that this application was triggered for consideration by the LPA’s Planning Committee Meeting on the 21st September 2017 as a result of the Town Council’s views. The Town
Council felt at its Meeting on the 19th June 2017, that this proposal should be refused. It considered that the erection of two dwellings will be contrary to Policy Numbered DM7 and Infilling and Back-land development within the settlement areas and would result in a cramped form of development, be out of character with the street scene and reduce the residential amenity. The existing trees and screening were noted. The Town Council also had concerns about the access. The LPA’s Planning Committee on the 21st September 2017 however, approved the proposal.
- Members of the Public – One Member of the public spoke about the Adastral Park, Martlesham and the proposed 2,000 homes and his views that national policies should reflect on promoting and encouraging private Self-Builders. Another member of the public raised his concerns about the infrastructure, including the highway relating to the Adastral Park proposal.
- Copy Letters of Objection/In Support/Observations – The Committee noted that two members of the public had called into the Office raising concerns relating to DC/17/3890/FUL – 37 Penzance Road – Single storey side and rear extension and an email objection from two other residents had been received, also regarding this proposal.
- Schedule of Applications/Proposals – The Committee considered and made its formal comments/recommendations to the Local Planning Authority – (LPA). (Copy in Minute Book).
- Schedule of Planning Decisions – The Committee noted the updates. (Copy in Minute Book).
- Referral to Planning Committee of the LPA (Local Planning Authority) as opposed to Officer Delegated or The Planning Inspectorate – The Committee noted that there were no updates.
- Public Inquiry – Appeal Reference: APP/J3530/W/16/3160194: Land to The East of Bell Lane – The Committee noted that there were no further updates.
- Neighbourhood Plan Working Party – The Committee noted that the draft Questionnaire is being circulated and should be finalised this week. Quotations have been obtained by the Clerk for printing and distribution and once the Questionnaire has been finalised, the grant bid for the costs of printing and distribution will be submitted.
- Adastral Park Development, Martlesham Heath (CEG Planning Application) –The Committee noted that there were no further updates.
- Transport and Pedestrian Matters – The Committee noted that there were no new
- Local Plan Issues and Options Consultation Document – Councillors received, considered further and agreed that regarding the Core Strategy, which sets the broad scale and distribution of growth (including housing), across the District up to 2027. (Deadline for responses – 30th October 2017). Following a discussion led by Councillor Archer (the Vice Chair of this Committee), it was agreed that members of the Committee should review the consultation document outside of the Committee and provide an update in readiness for the next Meeting.
- Suffolk County Council – Improving the Road Network and Supporting Economic Development in Suffolk – Councillors received and considered these (The consultation ends on the 25th October 2017). It was felt that the Local Issues and Options Consultation document and the Town Council’s responses will feed into this particular County Council document.
- Budget Bids – The Committee considered and agreed budget bids at its last Meeting.
- Date of Next Meeting – The next Planning and Development Committee Meeting will be held on Monday, 16th October 2017 at 6.15pm.
- Agenda Items for Next Meeting – No items were raised. There being no other business, the Meeting closed at 6.45pm.