Draft minutes will be published within 7 working days after a meeting. Approved minutes will be published within 3 working days of the next meeting.
Planning and Development Committee Minutes
- Agenda of the Planning and Development Committee meeting held on the 16th October 2017
- in the Council Chamber, Kesgrave Town Council
- K Archer (Vice Chair of Committee)
- A Athwall (Apologies)
- N Beecroft-Smith
- Derrick (Apologies) G Hamilton
- P Mills (Chair of Committee) R Patten
- Mrs S Clements – Town Clerk
- One Member of the Public
- Welcome and Apologies for Absence – The Chairman welcomed those present to the Meeting. Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Athwall and Derrick.
- Declaration of Interests – There were no declarations of interest made.
- Minutes of the Last Meeting held on the 2nd October 2017 – These Minutes were received, considered and approved by the Committee, following the vote. (Copy in Minute Book).
- Clerks Report/Update/Matters Arising – There were no matters to report.
- Members of the Public –
- Copy Letters of Objection/In Support/Observations – The Committee noted the copy letter of objection received today (16th October 2017), from two local residents regarding DC/17/3775/FUL – 182 Bell Lane and concerns regarding the alleged over-development of the site, the proposal being too close to the boundary, screening/planting and soft landscape requirements, the adverse visual impact of the proposal, if approved, the request that compressors, cooling units or extractor fans should not be installed on the north wall to avoid noise pollution, and conditions of previous applications not being complied with including, the landscaping as a buffer to nearby residential properties, and the materials of the car park being made into a hard surface. The Committee is aware that it looked at this application on the 18th September 2017 and recommended approval.
- Schedule of Applications/Proposals – The Committee considered and made its formal comments/recommendations to the Local Planning Authority – (LPA). (Copy in Minute Book).
- Schedule of Planning Decisions – The Committee noted the updates. (Copy in Minute Book).
- Referral to Planning Committee of the LPA (Local Planning Authority) as opposed to Officer Delegated or The Planning Inspectorate – The Committee noted that there were no referred proposals.
- Public Inquiry – Appeal Reference: APP/J3530/W/16/3160194: Land to The East of Bell Lane – The Planning Proposal for 300 New Homes at Long Strops, Land East of Bell Lane has been Dismissed. The Town Council argued strongly on behalf of its local residents that the site is unsustainable and this was the main reason that the Secretary of State will not allow the 300 homes to be built on this site. Councillor Patten was thanked for the time that she expended on representing the Town Council at the Inquiry. The Committee also thanked members of the public, including Jane Cody, Sue Hall and Jonathan Ogden.
- Neighbourhood Plan Working Party – The Committee noted that the final draft Questionnaires have been produced. A copy will be sent to the Town Council on the 18th October 2017 for final proof-reading. On the 19th or 20th October 2017 the Questionnaires will go to the printers. The Questionnaire will be distributed and delivered with the Kesgrave Town Guide, during week commencing the 23rd October 2017.
- Adastral Park Development, Martlesham Heath (CEG Planning Application) –The Committee received and noted the Revised Traffic Assessment relating to Martlesham Parish Council’s response to DC/17/1435/OUT- Land to South & East of Adastral Park.
- Transport and Pedestrian Matters – The Committee noted that there were no new
- Local Plan Issues and Options Consultation Document – Councillors received, and considered further the Core Strategy, which sets the broad scale and distribution of growth (including housing), across the District up to 2027. (Deadline for responses – 30th October 2017). Councillors noted that final submissions would be agreed at a Working Party Meeting on the 23rd October 2017.
- Suffolk County Council Energy Gateway Sedway Brochure – Improving the Road Network and Supporting Economic Development in Suffolk – Councillors received and considered these documents further. (The consultation ends on the 25th October 2017).
- Date of Next Meeting – The next Planning and Development Committee Meeting will be held on Monday, 30th October 2017 at 6.15pm.
- Agenda Items for Next Meeting – No items were raised. There being no other business, the Meeting closed at 7.15pm.
Signed: Chairman………………………………………. Date……………………