Continuing along the Main Road towards Ipswich is Dr Watsons Lane, although only just within the modern Kesgrave boundary. The name came from a labourer who worked for the Fison family who lived at Kesgrave House. This was demolished to make way for the present “Walk” between The Bell and Bell Lane. “Dr Watson” lived in the small bungalow on the corner by the telephone exchange. His title is attributed both to his knowledge in attending to sick horses and maybe because, while at school in Rushmere, he patched up a school fellows knee and the teacher then called him in “Dr” Watson. Edmonton Road derived it’s name from the Canadian Association and in the 1950/1960’s the Canadian estate grew to give us Edmonton Close, Quebec Drive, Alberta Close, St Lawrence Green, St Lawrence Way, Michigan Close, Columbia Close, Oregon Road and Montana Close.