Planning and Development Committee Minutes
- Agenda of the Planning and Development Committee meeting held on the 30th October 2017
- in the Council Chamber, Kesgrave Town Council
- Associated files (Schedule of Applications/Proposals)
- K Archer (Vice Chair of the Committee)
- A Athwall (Apologies)
- N Beecroft-Smith
- Derrick (Apologies) G Hamilton (Apologies)
- P Mills (Chair of the Committee) R Patten
- Mrs D Jimpson – Business and Development Manager and Mrs J Abbott – Service Development Administrator.
- 1 Member of the Public.
- Welcome and Apologies for Absence – The Chairman welcomed those present to the Meeting. Apologies for absence were received from Mrs Clements (Clerk) and Councillors Derrick, Athwall and Hamilton.
- Declaration of Interests – There were no declarations of interest made.
- Minutes of the Last Meeting held on the 16th October 2017 – These Minutes were received, considered and approved by the Committee, following the vote. (Copy in Minute Book).
- Clerks Report/Update/Matters Arising – There were no matters to report.
- Members of the Public – No questions from the member of public in attendance.
- Copy Letters of Objection/In Support/Observations – The Committee noted no letters have been received.
- Schedule of Applications/Proposals – The Committee considered and made its formal comments/recommendations to the Local Planning Authority – (LPA). (Copy in Minute Book).
- Schedule of Planning Decisions – The Committee noted the updates. (Copy in Minute Book).
- Referral to Planning Committee of the LPA (Local Planning Authority) as opposed to Officer Delegated or The Planning Inspectorate – The Committee noted the following:
- DC/17/3890/FUL – 37 Penzance Road – Single Storey side and rear extension
– The committee noted at its Planning and Development Committee Meeting on the 2 October 2017, they approved this application. The application has now been triggered to the LPA scheme of delegation/LPA Planning Committee because of two neighbouring objections. The Committee noted the reasons for the objections, however do not believe these change their original decision. The committee voted unanimously to stand by its original decision to approve this application.
- Neighbourhood Plan Working Party – The Committee noted that the questionnaires have been finalised and are due to be distributed from 1 November. Cllr Beecroft-Smith also informed the Committee that the working party will be meeting again after this meeting and engagement sessions have been arranged in several locations around the Town during the month of November. He also added that a new poster had been designed to help promote these engagement sessions.
- Adastral Park Development, Martlesham Heath (CEG Planning Application) –The Committee received and noted the latest formal responses from the LPA and the Highways department of Suffolk County Council (SCC). It was noted that the LPA are awaiting SCC consultant’s report before publishing the SCC response.
- Transport and Pedestrian Matters – The Committee noted the latest Air Quality update from the LPA. Cllr Archer also provided a brief overview of the opening of the Crossing on Main Road, by Cambridge Road / Kiln Farm, which he attended on Saturday 28 October. Cllr Archer requested that it be noted that he felt the cost of this crossing was excessive.
- Right Homes National Government Consultation (White Paper) – The Committee noted this consultation, where the deadline for submissions is the 9 November 2017. The Committee felt due to the timescales that a letter should be sent in response to the consultation, supporting the formal response already provided by SALC (Suffolk Association Local Councils).
- Local Plan Issues and Options Consultation Document – The Committee noted the formal response has now been sent to the LPA via the Clerk, to meet the deadline of the 30 October 2017. Cllr Mills thanked Cllrs Patten and Archer for the many hours and time spent putting this formal response together.
- Date of Next Meeting – The next Planning and Development Committee Meeting will be held on Monday, 13 November 2017 at 6.15pm.
- Agenda Items for Next Meeting – No items were raised. There being no other business, the Meeting closed at 7pm