KESGRAVE TOWN COUNCIL Planning and Development Committee Minutes Minutes of the Meeting of the Planning and Development Committee held on the 17th July 2017 in the Council Chamber, Kesgrave Town Council
Councillors Present: K Archer A Athwall N Beecroft-Smith (Chairman of the Council) G Derrick G Hamilton P Mills R Patten (Apologies) I Wallace (No Apologies given and Not Present)
- Mrs C Marsh – Service Development Co-ordinator
- Mrs J Abbott
- 1 Member of the Public
1. Welcome and Apologies for Absence – The Chairman welcomed those present to the Meeting. An apology for absence was received from Councillor Patten.
2. Declaration of Interests – There were no declarations of interest made.
3. Minutes of the Last Meeting held on the 3 July 2017 – These Minutes were received, considered and approved by the Committee, following the vote. (Copy in Minute Book).
4. Clerks Report/Update/Matters Arising – No items to report.
5. Members of the Public – A Resident in Dobbs Lane attended to make the Committee aware that the Enforcement – Breach of Planning Permission – 79 Dobbs Lane – that the LPA had given the applicant 28 days to make a retrospective Planning Application for what has been built as opposed to the originally approved application (The Town Council has not received a copy of the revised plans). The Resident reported that an officer of the LPA has informed the applicant that the revised application still does not reflect the size and layout of the current building and he has been asked to present a new set of plans that do reflect what has been built. The point the resident was trying to make is that the system seems to favour the developer in that they are able to submit an application that is changed from the original approved plans and that but for the neighbouring residents having the time, confidence and ability to point out the breaches and inform the LPA, that the developer is given more than one chance to put in a revised retrospective Planning Application. He is frustrated that Building Control and Building Regulations sections do not work in conjunction with each other.
6. Copy Letters of Objection/In Support/Observations – None received.
7. Schedule of Applications/Proposals – The Committee considered and made its formal comments/recommendations to the Local Planning Authority – (LPA). (Copy in Minute Book). 2
8. Schedule of Planning Decisions – The Committee noted the updates. (Copy in Minute Book).
9. Referral to Planning Committee of the LPA (Local Planning Authority) as opposed to Officer Delegated or The Planning Inspectorate – The Committee noted that there were no new updates.
10. Public Inquiry – Appeal Reference: APP/J3530/W/16/3160194: Land to The East of Bell Lane – Lengthy Papers had been received prior to this meeting, it was agreed that these would be discussed at the Meeting being held on 31 July 2017.
11. Neighbourhood Plan Working Party – The Committee noted that the 3 public engagement meetings had been held. The number of those engaged with did not meet the 1% target. The NP Committee were therefore discussing at their meeting at 7.15pm on 17 July, whether to plan further engagement meetings or use other methods of engagement.
12. Adastral Park Development, Martlesham Heath (CEG Planning Application) – No current updates received.
13. Housing Seminar – District Council Offices – 3 July 2017 – Councillor Archer reported on the seminar attended by Cllr Patten and The Clerk which included information on the Self-build and Custom Housebuilding Act 2015, The Community Land Trust and Affordable Housing (notes attached).
14. Date of Next Meeting – The next Planning and Development Committee Meeting will be held on Monday, 31st July 2017 at 6.15pm.
15. Agenda Items for Next Meeting – Cllr Archer requested that a letter be sent to the LPA regarding the property at 79 Dobbs Lane to request a site visit. There being no other business, the Meeting closed at 6.45 pm.
Signed: Chairman………………………………………. Date……………………